The V-Page station has two network settings (IP, Subnet mask, and Gateway) that need to be set. The first is for the station to communicate with Q-sys and all the control items (button pushes, led indicators status, heartbeat etc...). The second is for Dante audio configuration.
Before you start, download and install the DHCP/BootP Server attached to this article, AMI Terminal, and Dante controller from the link below. We also recommend you have the latest Q-sys Plug-in and V-Page firmware for the stations.
Pro Tip!! Plug-in version 1.4.x is only compatible with Q-Sys Firmware 6.x.x or below.
To configure V-Page, follow these steps:
1) Open the DHCP/Bootp Server program and connect your V-Page station to your computer (you can use a network switch to provide PoE or connect directly and use the external power input in the station to power it up). Flip dip-switch number 2 on and off after the station powers up (about 10 seconds after plugging it in). This will clear the network IP settings of the station.
2) In the DHCP/BootP software, you will see the MAC address for both audio and control. Select a MAC address from the list and then click “Add to Relation List” to assign an IP to it.
Note: MAC address starting 00:10:46:XX:XX:XX is the Control Address.
MAC address starting 00:1D:C1:XX:XX:XX is the Dante Audio Address.
After this, if you click on “Clear History” you should no longer see a MAC address since the station now has an IP address.
3) Open AMI Terminal and select “Find Device”. You should see new the V-Page station with the IP that you had previously assigned to it. Go ahead and double-click on it.
4) Click on the network tab in AMI Terminal, select “set” and then fill in the rest of the network settings (IP, Subnet, Gateway, and Q-sys Core IP). Then click on each box to send the settings to the station. You should see in the log box an “R” for each command sent. Once complete go back to the general tab and click “Reboot”. This will make the network settings static.
Pro Tip!! The box labeled “Port” with 4099 in it refers to the station ID. For example, ID 1 would be 4001, ID 2 would be 4002, ID 15 would be 4015. Use it to set the hardware station to match the one in the plug-in. You can also give the station a name under the setup tab.
To configure Dante, follow these steps:
1) Open the Dante controller software. You should see the station there since you gave it an IP address (step #2 in the previous section). Double click on the name to open the Dante configuration window.
2) Go to the “Network Config” tab, select “Manually Configure an IP” and proceed to fill in the Dante network settings. When finished, click “Apply” this will make the Dante settings static.
Pro Tip!! If you made a mistake or you need to change the network settings you can always go back to AMI Terminal or Dante Controller to update the configuration.
The station is now configured. Plug the station into the same network as your Q-sys Core and you will see the status indicator in the plug-in go green. More details about the Plug-in and how to use it can be found in the user manual.